Saturday, April 26, 2008

Infinitees: Bringing Classic Hollywood to the Pre-School Crowd

In my studio / office, there is a little black and white tv that lived in my parent's basement the entire time we were growing up. It still works as well as the day they bought it back in the 70's. My husband keeps telling me I need to get a converter for it due to the transition to digital tv next year. I need no such gadget. I use the tv solely to play a variety of "the classics".



I love old films. I got hooked on them in high school and have grown a collection of all my favorites. My kids have gotten to know the actors by first name -- Audrey, Kate, Frank, and more. I have passed my love of the films down to my 8-year-old who spends many weekday nights curled up on a big cushy pillow on my studio floor watching his favorites as I work at my table. (The twins prefer SpongeBob Squarepants, but we're working on them.)



My heart went pitter-patter when I caught sight of the collection of tees by Infinitees that pays tribute to some of my favorite Hollywood classics. So far I've found Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando.

The only problem -- they only come in toddler and pre-school sizes 2T - 6. I want an Audrey tee for myself!

And for the converter, I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and get one so we can watch the news on occassion. But I'm not getting a new tv until this 30-year-old classic dies a natural death to old, old, old age.

No comments:

Post a Comment